A paraphrasing tool rewrites a paragraph into a unique format by changing the sentence structure and using high-end vocabulary.
Content creators use such tools to churn out quality blog posts, YouTube video descriptions, product descriptions, and the like.
Now, the market is flooded with different paraphrasing tools (both free and paid).
So, if you are a naïve content creator, it would be difficult to choose from several options. But that’s where I will help you.
Let’s look at the top 5 online paraphrasing tools that can make your content stand out from the crowd.
So, without further ado, let’s get to the tools.
Jasper (formerly Jarvis.ai) is the number one tool for many seasoned content teams and creators for all their content needs from blogs to website copies.
Jasper is a paid paraphrasing tool and, therefore, it has two pricing plans: ‘Starter’ and ‘Boss Mode.’
As the name suggests, the ‘Starter’ plan is the basic mode of this tool, for paraphrasing short writing pieces like copywriting or writing product descriptions.However, it’s the ‘Boss Mode’ that makes this tool the best paid paraphrasing tool of all time as you can paraphrase long forms of content in this mode.
So, if you are thinking of choosing this tool, I recommend going for the ‘Boss Mode’.
Why Should You Choose Jasper?
- The ‘Boss Mode’ writes paraphrased SEO content and also checks for plagiarism. So, you won’t have to use any other plagiarism tool to check the power of its paraphrasing.
- The tool provides support for 25 languages. Therefore, the language barrier will hardly be an issue with this tool.
- The company has also integrated ‘Grammarly’ through which you can instantly check grammatical and punctuation issues in your content.
- Jasper is more than a paraphrasing tool because it allows access to the ‘document editor’, where this tool writes content with the click of a button. All you have to do is input the brief of the content and (if you want) select the tone of the content. Then, click on the ‘Compose’ button and the tool will start generating the content right in front of your eyes. So, you can use this scholarly paraphrasing tool to create content for dissertations as well.
- It is more than a paraphrasing tool. Jasper provides 50+ templates to create content for blogs, Facebook ads, YouTube videos, Google ads, emails, social media posts, etc. Unleash the pinnacle of your creativity and business growth with Jasper.
Drawback of Jasper:
- It doesn’t come as a stand-alone paraphraser. So, its pricing plan could be an issue for some users.
The second tool on the “top 5 online paraphrasing tools to make your content unique” list is Quillbot.
Now, Jasper may be the best paraphrasing and AI-writing assistant tool. But, when it comes to dedicated paraphrasing tools, Quillbot is the most popular one.
Quillbot is a shareware paraphrasing tool because it is available as a free version (by default) with two basic modes –‘Standard’ and ‘Fluency’.
But to use advanced features (‘Formal,’ ‘Creative,’ ‘Expand’ and ‘Shorten’), you will have to purchase the premium version.
The free version of Quillbot has the ‘Standard’ and ‘Fluency’ modes. The ‘Standard’ mode maintains the meaning of your text while paraphrasing, but the content will need some modification.
However, the ‘Fluency’ mode produces error-free and readable paraphrased content. So, if you want to use its free version, I recommend going with the ‘Fluency’ mode.
Why Should You Choose Quillbot?
- Quillbot might not be as good as Jarvis, but it gets the job done without any cost.
- No matter which mode of Quillbot you use, the content will always pass the plagiarism test against strict plagiarism detectors, like Turnitin. So, if you are looking for the best paraphrasing tool to beat Turnitin, look no further than Quillbot.
- This tool is available as an extension for Google Chrome and Google Docs. Hence, if you use the aforementioned programs, you won’t have to access the website every time to use Quillbot.
- If you purchase the ‘Premium’ plan of Quillbot, you can paraphrase 15 sentences simultaneously. This will help increase your productivity.
- The ‘Premium’ plan of Quillbot provides the support for unlimited words and phrase- freezing.
- Compared to Jasper, Quillbot is a cost-effective paraphrasing tool. So, if you are thinking of purchasing its ‘Premium’ plan, it won’t break your bank like Jasper.
Drawbacks of Quillbot:
- Although the ‘Standard’ and ‘Fluency’ modes get the job done with no cost, the content will need some modification after paraphrasing.
Paraphraser.io is listed amongst the best paraphrasing tools as it is entirely free.
Just like Quillbot, this one is also a dedicated paraphrasing tool, but it also has some other key features like Article Rewriting, Citation Generating, Grammar Checking, Plagiarism Checking and Text Summarizing.
Paraphraser.io is a free paraphrasing tool that comes with three paraphrasing modes: Fluency, Standard and Creative.
While the ‘Fluency’ mode focuses on the fluency of the content while paraphrasing, the ‘Creative’ mode uses high-end vocabulary to paraphrase the content.
Finally, the ‘Standard’ mode uses standard techniques to paraphrase the content. So, if you are thinking of using this tool, I recommend going with the ‘Standard’ mode.
Why Should You Choose Paraphraser.io?
- All the features of this tool are completely free. Hence, if you have budget issues, you can choose this one.
- You can use raw text or upload a text/word file from your local storage to paraphrase its content. Thus, you won’t have to type raw, long form texts since you can upload the content directly from your local storage.
- Paraphraser.io supports 12 languages.
- You can use the services of paraphrase.io on your smartphone by downloading the paraphraser app from Google Play Store.
- For tips and tricks to use its capabilities to their full potential, check out their Blog section on the website.
Drawbacks of Paraphraser.io:
- According to my research/analysis, the ‘Creative’ and ‘Fluency’ modes ruin the readability of the content. So, if you use these modes, you will need to rewrite your content.
Check out: Top SEO Agency for Organic Growth
Another interesting tool on this list is the Rephrase tool, which is a freeware paraphrasing tool that uses natural language processing and AI to change the meaning of words without changing the sentence structure.
Rephrase.info is pretty much similar to Paraphraser.io because it also uses the same three paraphrasing modes.
However, when I tested this tool, the results were different compared to Paraphraser.io. So, I had to make a lot of modifications to my content once paraphrased using Rephrase.info. But this doesn’t mean it is an entirely useless tool.
Why Should You Choose Rephrase.info?
- Rephrase.info gives priority to privacy by securing users’ uploaded content.
- Unlike other paraphrasing tools I have discussed, this one has a unique feature known as ‘Diff Checker.’ The ‘Diff Checker’ checks the differences between two documents or pdf files. Hence, it will be pretty handy.
- Rephrase.info also has a blog that guides the users –especially beginners – on how to use this tool..
- You can use the services of Rephrase.info on your smartphone by downloading Rephrase app from Google Play Store.
- All the features of this tool are available for free.
Drawbacks of Rephrase.info:
- The paraphrasing mechanism of this tool is not completely reliable because the algorithm heavily uses synonyms without changing the sentence structure.
5. Spin Rewriter
The fifth and the last spot on the “top 5 online paraphrasing tools to make your content unique” list belongs to Spin Rewriter.
As the name suggests, this tool uses AI techniques to spin and rewrite the content to make it unique according to your needs.
Since it is a shareware tool, it gives a five-day free trial period to the users.
This tool is amongst the smartest paraphrasing tools because it uses ENL Semantic Spinning algorithm to paraphrase the content. This algorithm rephrases content at a word, sentence and paragraph level, by creating something completely new out of existing content, without changing its meaning. It also changes the sentence structure and uses synonyms wherever appropriate.
The website claims that the tool can highlight the meaning of the words in the content to generate more user-readable content.
Why Should You Choose Spin Rewriter?
- The company provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. Hence, if someone doesn’t like the services of Spin Rewriter, they can claim their money back.
- Beginners can follow their how-to guides on the website to use the tool efficiently.
- Apart from paraphrasing, Spin Rewriter allows you to integrate stock pictures into your articles with just a click.
- Like Jasper, Spin Rewriter also provides a side-by-side comparison of the spun and the original content. Hence, it will be easier for users to identify the differences and judge the quality of this tool.
Drawbacks of Spin Rewriter:
- Despite using advanced ESL spinning technology, the plagiarism detector software has easily detected plagiarism in paraphrased content on various instances.
- Despite having several excellent reviews on the official website, people have reported this paraphrasing tool as a scam.
Inbound Marketing Agency in India
For any type of paraphrasing, no tool can beat Jasper. Although Jasper is not a dedicated paraphrasing tool, it gets the job done pretty seamlessly.
I have also tested Jasper for formal paraphrasing purposes and, according to my testing, it’s the most professional paraphrasing tool. However, if you want a free online paraphrasing tool, you can choose either Quillbot or Paraphraser.io.